Lift your spirits and improve your health by incorporating a gentle, low-impact exercise into your daily routine. Whether you’re strolling through an enchanted forest or picking up the pace on a treadmill, it’s as simple as walking. Below, we learn step-by-step about the array of benefits a regular ritual of walking has to offer!
I enjoy walking. I live in a pretty neat neighborhood overall, so I experience some interesting sights, run into people I know, and meet new people too! All the while, I’m actually making myself healthier. It turns out, you don’t have to go into “beast mode” or crossfit until you shit yourself in order to make yourself healthier. Walking helps you:
- Lose weight. 10,000 steps a day sets off a weight loss chain reaction in your body.
- Reverse the effects of prolonged sitting. Taking a break from work to walk around for five minutes is profoundly helpful.
- Lower your breast cancer risk, according to research published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.
- Boost the immune system. Perfect for cold and flu season!
- Ease Fibromyalgia pain.
- Reduce your stress. Again, the perfect break from work!
- Lower your blood sugar.
- Energize your body.
- Prevent depression, especially in winter months.
- Keep your mind sharp.
- Improve your creativity.
Of course, be sure to wear the right walking shoes, plan your course, and plan a warm up and cool down. Of course, always make sure to stretch after a walk.
Originally posted on HigherPerspective.com.
-Art via The Gaia Health Blog