Energy from negative thoughts, emotions, and occurrences can be absorbed in our environments. Cleansing our homes of unwanted energy can be beneficial after an argument, removing clutter or moving into a new space. This can be as simple as letting sunlight and fresh air into the room. Shamanic smudging, an ancient tribal tradition, is another method that promotes peace and harmony within a space. Many monks use mantras to transform energy, and priests burn candles and use Holy Water to dispel negative vibrations. Burning sandalwood incense or dried sage are also popular cleansing rituals. We learn more about these techniques and others, below. Remember to hold the intention of clearing the space and raising vibrant, good vibes!
By Kirsten, The Spirit Science Team -
Have you been having one bad day after another? Been getting sick a lot? Maybe getting into fights with your friends, roommates or loved ones? Perhaps there is more going on that meets the eye!
We are constantly projecting the energy of our bad moods into the world around us and on top on this the world around us is absorbing and storing this negative energy.
Do you want to feel empowered and full of energy every day? Your home can easily be shifted from a low to a high vibration with some easy techniques. Check out this video below to learn how its done!
1. Cleaning- When cleaning visualize that you are cleaning the energy too. If you were sick on the couch then that area of the couch needs to be cleaned. Pick up the items in the physical space, shake them off and literally move the stagnant energy!
2. Salt- Salt is an amazing purifier of energy. It absorbs and cleans everywhere it goes. Putting salt around your house, wiping down the walls with salt water and sprinkling salt on the carpet an hour before you vacuum can drastically change the vibration of your home.
3. Get Fresh Air- Right after a rain storm, when the air is the most pure, open up all of the windows in your home to clean out the air. Sometimes the air we breathe will essentially be the same air we have been breathing for a few months. If you were sick at any time within the last few months you need to do this one!
4. Get a Plant!- Having something alive, such as a plant, with brighten up the energy of your home. Plants project a warm healthy energy and can really brighten up the energy of your space. It will also naturally clean the air reducing illness. Having plants at work can reduce sick days as well.
5. Move your Furniture- Break up your old energy patterns by rearranging your furniture at least every six months! Look up and try out some new Feng Shui techniques around your house and see if you like the changes. This will move the energy around your home and really create a new awesome feeling when you are done.
6. Sage- This is the most powerful technique and I use it often. If you have been getting into fights or having a series of bad days you should seriously consider picking up some sage. You can find it at many places including crystal shops and online. Take just a little sage, light the corner so it begins to smoke and then walk around your home making sure that a little of the scent gets everywhere.
The Native Americans have used this purification technique before sacred ceremonies for hundreds of years and it really works! I will blow the sage smoke into every corner and even trade off with my family making sure we have blown a little of the sage smoke on each other.
Originally posted on TheSpiritScience.net
-Art via The Lane