1. KALE & PINEAPPLE- This combo is so powerful and pineapple cuts the grassy taste if you aren’t into it. You can add other veggies to the drink as well (we have a drink called Pineapple Express that’s awesome- recipe on our site if you want to copy), but use these as the base…. Here’s why:
- Pineapple- Good for ARTHRITIS, SKIN, BONES, CELLULITE, DIGESTION, NAUSEA, COLDS, ANTICANCER. Contains vitamin A, vitamin Bs, iron, antioxidants (anticancer by fighting free radicals), vitamin C (cough and colds, may help lower your risk for heart disease, gout, cancer, lead toxicity, cataracts and stroke). It also provides a boost to your immune function, helping to shorten the duration of colds. The vitamins may also help to prevent high blood pressure and diabetes. Contains calcium, and manganese (strong bones, collagen production and connective tissue repair- skin and cellulite) phosphorus, and potassium. Bromelain is it’s magic component! It helps with digestion and is a proteolytic. It has the ability to reduce mucus in the throat/sinusitis, anti-inflammatory qualities, it can greatly alleviate the pain and inflammation of arthritis, gout, acne, skin conditions, avert nausea or morning sickness, and it’s an anthelmintic (it helps get rid of intestinal worms- which we can all get- ewwww!). In Germany, bromelain is approved as a post-injury medication because it is thought to reduce inflammation and swelling.
- Kale- Contains potent antioxidants, contains glucosinolates- prevent breast, bladder, prostate, colon, ovarian and gastric cancer. Vitamin A (eyesight, respiratory), CALCIUM (strong bones, Humans are the only mammals that drink milk after childhood. Stop drinking so much milk. Drink kale juice instead. Contains a very powerful antioxidant called lutein. Sulphorane- causes the liver to produce enzymes that increase detoxification. Anti-inflammatory- arthritis etc, vitamins C, B and K as well as the minerals copper, magnesium, non-heme iron, phosphorus, potassium, indole-3-carbinol, has been shown in studies to slow the growth of malignant cells, induce apoptosis and prevent tumors from developing blood vessels. In one study, the substance had been found to be a potent fighter of cervical cancer.(Within the 12 week study, 50 percent of the women who had cervical cancer experienced a complete recovery). Sulforaphane, an antioxidant compound that helps to keep levels of estrogen under control while boosting usable testosterone. By this method, sulforaphane is also under study as a potent anti-cancer substance. Researchers believe that the antioxidant could be helpful in the fight against breast, ovarian, uterine and other estrogen-dependent cancers. Drinking a glass or two of kale juice each day nourishes your beneficial intestinal flora, ( providing immune support and keeping bad bacteria and candida counts in check). Contains omega 3s and protein, and can decrease ldl (bad cholesterol).
2. TURMERIC & GINGER- I’m sure you’ve bought the hype about turmeric, but do you know why it’s so awesome?? And poor little ginger has been overlooked, and it’s actually JUST AS POTENT as Turmeric! Check it out:
- Ginger-12+ types of antioxidants (anticancer), body warming, aphrodisiac, anticoagulant, digestive disorders, cough, cold, fatigue, muscle soreness, nausea, pain killer. Has protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, vitamin C, choline, folate, inositol, manganese, panthotenic acid, silicon, and a small amount of vitamin B3. Many medicinal uses.
- Tumeric- curcumin, the main component in turmeric= superpowered anticancer, antioxidant, + anti-inflammatory
3. WHEATGRASS & MATCHA
- Wheatgrass - A true superfood – complete whole food containing vitamin E, selenium, phosphorus, manganese, 70% chlorophyll- very alkalizing, energizing, liver detoxifier, blood builder (high in iron). vitamin C, E, K and B complex (including B12). Rich in calcium, cobalt, germanium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, protein, sodium, sulphur, and zinc. Wheatgrass contains a long list of amino acids-17 types of them- and around 80 enzymes.
- Studies have shown 40% risk reduction in cancer development from wheatgrass.
- Prevents candida/yeast/fungus in body and bacterial growth. Heavy metal detoxifier, Detoxifies all body systems, regulates blood sugar, and more!
- Helps to slow down the aging process. More than any other green out there – because chlorophyll contains enzymes and super- oxide dismutase.
- Contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
- Restores fertility
- Wheatgrass juice helps to keep the hair from graying.
- Skin disorders
- Heavy metal detoxifier
- Gluten-free because it’s cut before the grain forms
- Matcha tea – ½ oz- matcha is straight, stoneground tea leaves, matcha provides you with green teas powerful arsenal of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and amino acids in a way no other green tea can. Boosts metabolism and burns fat without raising bp or heart rate. One glass of matcha is the equivalent of 10 glasses of green tea in terms of its nutritional value and antioxidant content. It’s rich in L-Theanine, a rare amino acid that actually promotes a state of relaxation and well-being by acting upon the brains functioning. Helps with focus and mood… and more!
Love, Gwen Gaydos
Contributor, SERENE Social
About Gwen Gaydos
Gwen Gaydos is a Holistic Pharmacist, Life Fulfillment Guru and Haute Healer. Gwen educates and coaches individuals in body, mind, and spirit, specifically how to get more happy, healthy, energized and loved. She also gives and teaches Reiki Healing. See gwengaydos.com for more info and goodies!